- September 18, 2018
- Posted by: Rogers Property Group
- Categories: Australian Property Market, Brisbane Property Market, Latest News, Property Advice, Property Investment
Australians have really two main asset classes that they invest in: Shares or Property. While the press would falsely have you believe that Australians are heavily invested in property, the truth is that only 7.9% of Australians actually own an investment property. (From RP Data and the Census Data – Investment property being classed as a house outside of your own home) What’s more is that 75% of the people that own an investment property only own one. That means less than 2% of all Australians own more than one investment property.
Now to be able to be financially free from investing in property, you are going to need to own at least 4 properties. This would be considered only a “comfortable” level. So how many people would be considered financially free from investing in property? Well, only 2% of those people that own an investment property own 4 or more. That is 0.1% of Australians. Not many!
If you would like to have a slightly better than comfortable retirement you would need to own 6 or more properties. How many investors actually own 6 or more? Less than 1% of property investors own 6 or more properties. That is 0.07% of Australians own 6 or more properties. That means that out of every 1 million Australians only 700 owned 6 or more properties.
Those figures are very low.
There is a couple of reasons why people don’t build up enough properties in their portfolios:
- They invest the wrong type of property.
- They invest in the wrong location
- They structure their asset purchases incorrectly
- They don’t understand that they need at least 4 properties to be financially free
- They don’t start investing early enough. It takes time to build up a property portfolio.
If you would like to know how to invest correctly and find the right properties then please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1300 148 178.
We also have plenty of free learning on our website at https://www.propertyinvestmentcompanies.com.au/educational-videos