- June 12, 2018
- Posted by: Rogers Property Group
- Categories: Australian Property Market, Gold Coast Property Market, International Property Market, Latest News, Melbourne Property Market, Queensland Property News, Sydney Property Market
Bad news sells. There is no doubt about that. That is why the newspapers, TV and other related press like to print it and dwell on it. If you took notice of the press regarding the Australian Property Market you would think that everything is falling to bits! This is not the case at all….
The press like to use figures that are generalised and they tend to search for something that has a negative slant to it. Take this into account when considering property at the moment:
- 5 out of 8 capital cities are actually increasing in value at the moment
- Regional markets are also increasing at the moment
- Sydney is really the only major market decreasing in value and given the sheer size of that market, it is dragging the generalised figure down
Australia is made up of many market and sub-markets of those. Get familiar with them. Stick to investing fundamentals and try not to let the biased press influence your investment decision or more importantly your mind set.