- August 23, 2018
- Posted by: Rogers Property Group
- Categories: Australian Property Market, Latest News
Westpac has stunned the markets by predicting that rates will not rise until 2021. Bill Evans from Westpac has identified noted a few things that lead to this prediction.
- Tightening in financial conditions across the nation caused by APRA lending restrictions. These act as a quasi-rate rise because they restrict people from being able to borrow.
- The weakening in the Sydney and Melbourne property markets.
- The slow wage growth across Australia
The RBA stated that while markets in Sydney and Melbourne were slow, Brisbane still looked strong and they would avoid a rate reduction unless unavoidable.